CBE participating at Inspirefest
June 12, 2018 at 9:07 am
Inspirefest is Europe’s leading sci-tech conference and festival and is being held at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre in Dublin on the 21st and 22nd June 2018. The event will see some 3,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, technology professionals, researchers and academics gather for the fourth year at the heart of Dublin’s Silicon Docks.
This year, CBE, The Future Factory at Dublin Airport and Marqette (Dublin Airport’s award-winning food and beverage partner) are calling on Inspirefest 2018 attendees to apply to participate in an exciting mini hack at the main venue. The best concept presented on Friday 22 June will receive the amazing prize of flights for two to Hong Kong, courtesy of Cathay Pacific.
CBE, The Future Factory at Dublin Airport and Marqette have recently teamed up to launch an exciting new food offering called Honest Eats at Dublin Airport. Honest Eats offers passengers a shopping experience free of check-outs. It allows passengers to pick, scan, pay and go via a cashless self-checkout software solution – all of which is without supervision from airport or retail staff, and relies on the honesty of passengers
CBE’s current software solution enables customers to simply scan their items and pay for them using their card or mobile payment application. The solution is widely used within the retail environment already and is familiar to the majority of passengers who travel through the airport.
How can Inspirefest attendees get involved?
The airport project team (The Future Factory, Marqette and CBE) are looking to further develop The Honest Eats food and beverage experience at Dublin Airport and appeal even more to a passenger’s honesty.
They are looking for solutions that help them to build from their current MVP (minimum viable product) retail proposition into a cutting-edge travel experience. The short-term aim is to move this solution into areas of the airport where passengers need an excellent food and beverage option but where there is minimum space to allocate traditional solutions such as cafés, bars and food markets. The longer-term ambition includes potentially taking a fully developed proposition to other airports worldwide.
An of area for consideration is ensuring that the payment experience is as frictionless as possible while ensuring that the technology can be monitored on an ongoing basis and intervention can be easily provided should the customer require it, despite ‘the human’ being out of sight.
How to enter
- To enter the competition, entrants must submit a pitch with a maximum of 300 words via email to HonestEats@inspirefest.com
- Your entry must be given a name for clear identification
- Deadline for entry is midnight on Friday 15 June 2018. Multiple entries are not permitted
- All entries will be reviewed against the set criteria and a shortlist will be announced on Monday 18 June 2018
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to do a three-minute pitch of their solution to a panel of judges at Inspirefest Stage 2 at 2.30pm on Thursday 21 June 2018
- Finalists will then get an opportunity to pitch again on Friday 22 June at 1pm, with the overall winner being announced from the Main Stage that afternoon
How will your solutions be evaluated?
Your solution will be evaluated on how it scores across:
- How it enhances the core Honest Eats proposition/objective
- How innovative the solution is, and how it delivers on the four key trends above
- The commercial impact of the solution (revenue enhancement or cost savings)
- How uniquely valuable the solution is to Dublin Airport and its food and beverage partner, Marqette (eg a branding tie-in or exclusivity of a proposed technology solution, etc)
- How you would partner with the airport project team on this journey to make your solution a reality
The winner will get return flights for two to Hong Kong with the hack’s airline partner, Cathay Pacific. This includes a cultural experience for two on arrival in Hong Kong. Entry and exit atDublin Airport through Platinum Services, VIP terminal. The winner will also get the opportunity to partner with The Future Factory, Marquette and CBE to further develop the winning solution at Dublin Airport.
Click here for further information on the event, how to enter and how the evaluation process will work.